2023 Summer Gear & Bike Swap
Major fundraiser for TCCSEA youth programs.
Your participation and donations allow us to fulfill our mission of promoting a healthy, outdoor-oriented lifestyle for children and adults through education, cross-country skiing, and other self-powered recreation. Stay informed by signing up for our newsletter.
2023 Swap Details
Date: Saturday, June 3, 2023
Location: Tahoe Cross-Country Lodge
Registration: $10 suggested donation at the door
Proceeds support Tahoe XC Youth Programs
Food: Food Truck TBD
- There is a $10 suggested donation at the door. Your donation supports TCCSEA youth programs.
- No refunds will be offered for any reason; thank you for your donation.
Be a Safe & Swift Shopper
- You may arrive anytime between 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Know what you’re looking for. While our Gear Experts are available to help you, they are also here to help all of our customers, as well.
- If you are feeling ill or have been exposed to anyone testing for COVID-19 or showing flu-like symptoms, do not attend the swap.
Selling & Dropping Off Gear
Thank you for selling new and used gear at our annual Summer Gear & Bike Swap. 20% commission of sales go to supporting TCCSEA youth programs.
- Carefully review what we are accepting and not accepting (see below for details)
- Please clean and sanitize your gear before drop off
- Swap tags -
- Tags can be picked up from Tahoe XC during operating hours only
- Either fill out your swap tags in legible handwriting at home and attach tags securely to the corresponding item you plan to sell OR fill out your swap tags at Tahoe XC with an experienced staff member
Gear Drop Off
- Drop-Off Dates: TBD
- Drop-Off Time: 10:00am-6:00pm (only)
Picking Up Unsold Items
You can find out if your gear sold by calling the shop on Monday following the swap, or by waiting to receive your check in the mail. Pick up any unsold items during the scheduled gear pick-up times. Any gear still unclaimed after 6:00pm will be considered a donation to TCCSEA.
- Pick-Up Date: Monday, June 5, 2023 (1 day)
- Pick-Up Time: 9:00am-5:00pm only at Tahoe XC
Receiving Your Check
Once the swap has been fully reconciled, we will mail a check to you. Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Education Association keeps 20% commission as a fundraiser for our youth programs. Please provide your valid, legible name and mailing address when filling out drop-off forms so we are able to mail your check.
We Accept New & Used Gear
Focusing on human-powered sports, the Summer Gear & Bike Swap accepts the following gear:
- Mountain bikes
- Road bikes
- Kids bikes
- E-bikes (class 1 and 2 only; no motorized vehicles)
- Bike trailers & racks
- Bike Accessories
- Hiking, walking, running shoes
- Camping gear
- Summer clothes
- Climbing gear
- Wet suits & shoes
- Carriers, trailers or racks
We do NOT Accept:
- Used helmets
- Used sleeping bags
- Used gloves, hats, or socks
- Class 3 e-bikes, motorized vehicles, or motor accessories
- Items under $20; we will have a free box for donations marked under $20.
- Winter gear - please wait for our annual Nordic & Backcountry Ski Swap to sell your winter gear.
Purchaser Assumes Risk
When purchasing new and used gear, buyers are responsible for knowing and assuming the risks of purchased gear. Tahoe XC is not responsible for the state, quantity, quality, or safety of the gear you choose to purchase.
Staff & Volunteers
Our success only happens with volunteers! Volunteer, in exchange you get to pre-shop the swap on Friday evening. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, email us, indicating which shifts you are available to volunteer for. The volunteer shifts that we currently have available include:
- Friday, June 2 - Setup, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Saturday, June 3 - Morning Shift, 8:30am - 1:00pm
- Saturday, June 3 - Afternoon Shift + Breakdown, 1:00 - 5:30pm
Read our COVID-19 Operations & Safety Plan before arriving at Tahoe XC. All details and events subject to change based on safety and government directives.