Kevin Murnane (1970-2015) believed in quality coaching and establishing strong youth Nordic programs in the Tahoe region. He served as manager of Tahoe Cross-Country for 15 years and brought passion and enthusiasm to the sport of Nordic skiing. To honor him, and his good character, we established the following memorial scholarship and grant. If you are able to donate to the Kevin Murnane Scholarship & Grant, please do so by following our donation link. For student and coaches applications, scroll down.
Kevin Murnane Student Scholarship
Awarded to 2 graduating North Tahoe High School student-athletes who demonstrate selflessness, decency and good nature within our community.
Each scholarship is worth up to $1,000.
(KMS logo was graciously designed by Kyle Marmesh.
Student Scholarship Requirements
- Be a graduating senior from North Tahoe High School
- Participated in any Nordic ski program at Tahoe XC, Auburn Ski Club, Far West, North Tahoe Middle and/or High School
- It is not required that applicants ski competitively in college
All applications for the Kevin Murnane Student Scholarship must be submitted to the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation. Do not wait till the last minute. Give yourself plenty of time to complete the application process.
Student Scholarship Application
- Go to www.ttcf.net and navigate to their scholarship section.
- Create a login account.
- Once you are logged in, create a “common application.” Once you have submitted your “common application,” the system will automatically sort your eligibility for all local scholarships.
- Scroll down to “Kevin Murnane Scholarship Supplemental Questions” and click “Edit Application” to begin drafting your responses for this unique scholarship.
- When finished with your application, click “Submit Application” to apply.
To ensure fair, nonbiased results, all applications for the Kevin Murnane Student Scholarship are submitted to, processed by and managed by the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation (TTCF). If you have questions about the application process, please email Phyllis McConn at email@example.com.
Kevin Murnane Coaches Grant
The Kevin Murnane Coaches Grant is designed to support hard-working coaches who mentor North Tahoe student-athletes. We offer financial support via grants for coaches to attend clinics, symposiums, classes, and trainings that further their coaching abilities.
Coaches Grant Requirements
- Be employed or volunteer as a coach or mentor for a North Lake Tahoe youth program.
- Provide details of the intended developmental training class, sympisum, clinic, etc., to which grant monies would be applied.
Coaches Grant Application
Application should be completed following these instructions and emailed to Tahoe XC Junior Committee Chair Roger Chaney at RogerChaney@TahoeXC.org
To apply, submit the following as email attachments (.doc, .docx, PDF only):
- Proof of employment and/or volunteerism
- List of references
- Expression of Interest explaining the nature of your need, how the funds will be used, funding timelines, and how you will personally and professionally benefit from receiving the grant.
Upon Receipt of Coaches Grant
Recipients of the Kevin Murnane Scholarship Coaches Grant are expected to present a recap of their experiences, in person or in writing, to the Tahoe XC Board of Directors.
Become a Sustaining Supporter of the Kevin Murnane Scholarship & Grant
Help us sustain Kevin’s vision of creating quality coaches and nurturing strong youth programs in the Tahoe region.
Make your contribution by clicking the button below.
February 24the marks the day we lost Kevin. March 15th is the day our community came together for his celebration of life. Every March, we remember Kevin by asking for donations for his memorial fund.