2022 Cross-Country and Backcountry Ski Swap
Major fundraiser for TCCSEA youth programs.
Your donations allow us to fulfill our mission of promoting a healthy, outdoor-oriented lifestyle for children and adults through education, cross-country skiing, and other self-powered recreation. Whether you’re brand new to cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, or you’re a seasoned powder hound, we look forward to helping you find what you’re looking for.
2022 Ski Swap Details
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2022
Time: Saturday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Location: Tahoe Cross-Country Lodge
Registration: $10 suggested donation
Proceeds support Tahoe XC Youth Programs
Food Truck: Men Wielding Fire
Event Registration & Entry
Here’s what to expect.
- There is no pre-registration this year.
- There is a $10 suggested donation at the door that will go to the TCCSEA Youth Programs.
- Doors open for shopping between 9:00am-4:00pm.
- We will limit the number of shoppers inside (25) at any given time.
- Be prepared to stand in line and chit-chat with fellow line members while you wait to enter. When 1 customer exits, 1 new customer will be allowed in.
Be a safe & swift shopper
- You will have 45 minutes to complete your shopping.
- If you are feeling ill, or have been exposed to anyone testing for COVID-19 or showing flu-like symptoms, do not attend the ski swap. Do not come to Tahoe XC.
- How to Shop a Ski Swap
Selling Gear & Gear Drop Off
Thank you for selling your gear at our ski swap. 20% commission of sales go to supporting TCCSEA youth programs. Note the following important changes to this year’s gear drop off system.
- No items are to be priced at under $20.
- Gear drop off days are prior to the Swap- see below.
- Please clean and sanitize your gear before drop off.
- Tags - You can pick up your swap tags before you drop off your gear.
- Determine what gear you want to sell and take only the correct number of tags.
- Or, pick up tags from Tahoe XC during operating hours only
- Fill out your swap tags in legible handwriting; attach the entire tag securely to the corresponding item you plan to sell.
- Bring sanitized items, with tags filled out and securely attached, and legible reconcile sheet, back to Tahoe XC during scheduled drop off hours.
Drop-Off Dates: November 9-11, 2022
Drop-Off Times: 10:00am - 6:00pm
We Accept New & Used Gear
Our ski swap focuses on human-powered sports. If your gear promotes human-powered activity, there’s a good chance we’ll sell it.
- Skate, classic, racing & touring skis
- Cross-country boots & poles
- NNN, SNS & three-pin bindings
- Backcountry touring skis (AT, telemark & splitboards)
- AT boots, poles & skins
- Roller skis
- Dog gear
- Athletic clothing
- Ski accessories (wax kits, ski bags, etc.)
- Summer & winter footwear
- Bikes & bike accessories
- Gear racks
- Sleds (human-powered only)
Picking Up Unsold Items
You can find out if your gear sold by calling the shop on Sunday or Monday following the ski swap, or by waiting to recieve your check in the mail. Pick up any unsold items during the scheduled gear pick-up times. Any gear still unclaimed after 6:00pm Monday will be considered a donation to TCCSEA.
Pick-Up Date: Sunday and Monday, November 13-14, 2022
Pick-Up Time: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Receiving Your Check
Once the swap has been fully reconciled, we will mail a check to you. Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Education Association keeps 20% commission as a fundraiser for our youth programs. Please provide your legible name and mailing address when filling out drop-off forms so we are able to mail your check.
Staff & Volunteers
Our success only happens with volunteers! In exchange for volunteering, you get to pre-shop the swap on Friday night or Saturday morning. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, email us, indicating which shifts you are available to volunteer for. We need 10 volunteers per the following shifts:
Friday, 11th 3:00pm - 6:00pm - FULL
Saturday, 12th 8:00am - 1:00pm - FULL
Saturday, 12th 1:00pm - 5:00pm - FULL
Friday night includes tent set up, organizing gear, and checking tags. Saturday volunteers should expect to be ticket checkers, parking attendants, floor attendants, gear assistants (helping with boots and ski fittings), or general assistance.
- Volunteers and customers may wear face masks if desired.
- Everyone is encouraged to practice physical distancing of 6 feet of more.
Safety is our number one priority. To mitigate the current surge of the Delta variant, we will run the Ski Swap following our COVID-19 Operations & Safety Plan. Please read before arriving at the Ski Swap or coming to Tahoe XC. All details and events subject to change based on safety and government directives. Stay informed by signing up for our newsletter.