Major fundraiser for TCCSEA youth programs.
Your donations allow us to fulfill our mission of promoting a healthy, outdoor-oriented lifestyle for children and adults through education, cross-country skiing, and other self-powered recreation. Whether you’re brand new to snow sports or you’re a seasoned powder hound, we look forward to helping you find what you’re looking for.
Read our COVID-19 Operations & Safety Plan before arriving at the ski swap or coming to Tahoe XC. All details and events subject to change based on safety and government directives. Stay informed by signing up for our newsletter.
2021 Ski Swap Details
Date: Saturday, November 13, 2021
Location: Tahoe Cross-Country Lodge
Registration: $10 suggested donation
Proceeds support Tahoe XC Youth Programs
Food Trucks 9:30am-5:00pm - We encourage you to bring to-go food home.
- Men Wielding Fire will be serving breakfast both days (9:30am-12:00pm)
- MOGROG Rotisserie will be slinging lunch both days (12:00pm-5:00pm)
NOTE: The following details are from the 2020 Ski Swap. Check back for updates on the 2021 Ski Swap as the dates get closer.
Safety Is Our Priority
We’ll be running things a little differently this year. Here’s what to expect. Please read this entire page before registering to shop at the ski swap.
- We are limiting capacity to 25 guests per 60-minute time slot.
- Online pre-registration is required; there are no drop-ins. Those not on the list will not be admitted.
- We are extending to two days (Sat & Sun) with longer hours (10:00am to 5:00pm).
Registration is required
- The $10 registration is a suggested donation that supports TCCSEA Youth Programs; and it is required to complete your online registration. If this presents an obstacle for you, or you would prefer to donate less, please contact us.
- No refunds will be offered for any reason; thank you for your donation.
- Registration does not guarantee entry. Entry may be denied to anyone not following recommended safety precautions, or by government directives.
Be a safe & swift shopper
- You will have 60 minutes to complete your shopping.
- You may arrive anytime during your reserved time slot, but all purchases must be complete before your time slot expires. Please be aware of the clock and help us maintain our schedule by making your purchases early.
- You must wear a face mask to be admitted into the ski swap.
- You must maintain 6 feet of physical distancing from anyone outside your household at all times.
- If you are feeling ill, or have been exposed to anyone testing for COVID-19 or showing flu-like symptoms, do not attend the ski swap. Do not come to Tahoe XC.
- How to Shop a Ski Swap
Selling Gear & Gear Drop Off
Thank you for selling your gear at our ski swap. 20% commission of sales go to supporting TCCSEA youth programs. Note the following important changes to this year’s gear drop off system. Thank you for helping us reduce contact and increase safety throughout the gear check in process.
- We are not accepting used sunglasses, hats, gloves, or goggles this year.
- No items are to be priced at under $20.
- Gear drop off days are 1 week earlier than usual. There is no gear drop off the Friday before (which is what we’ve done in the past).
- All gear will quarantine for at least 48 hours.
- Please clean and sanitize your gear before drop off.
- Tags - Pick up your swap tags before you drop off your gear.
- Determine what gear you want to sell and take only the correct number of tags.
- Pick up tags from Tahoe XC during operating hours only
- Fill out your swap tags in legible handwriting at home; attach tags securely to the corresponding item you plan to sell.
- Bring sanitized items, with tags filled out and securely attached, back to Tahoe XC during scheduled drop off hours.
Drop-Off Date: November 5-9, 2020 (4 days)
Drop-Off Time: 10am-6pm (only)
We Accept New & Used Gear
Our ski swap focuses on human-powered sports. If your gear promotes human-powered activity, there’s a good chance we’ll sell it.
- Skate, classic, racing & touring skis
- Cross-country boots & poles
- NNN, SNS & three-pin bindings
- Backcountry touring skis (AT, telemark & splitboards)
- AT boots, poles & skins
- Roller skis
- Dog gear
- Athletic clothing
- Ski accessories (wax kits, ski bags, etc.)
- Summer & winter footwear
- Bikes & bike accessories
- Gear racks
- Sleds (human-powered only)
This year we are NOT accepting used sunglasses, goggles, gloves or socks.
Picking Up Unsold Items
You can find out if your gear sold by calling the shop on Monday following the ski swap, or by waiting to recieve your check in the mail. Pick up any unsold items during the scheduled gear pick-up times. Any gear still unclaimed after 6:00pm will be considered a donation to TCCSEA.
Pick-Up Date: Monday, November 16, 2020 (1 day)
Pick-Up Time: 10:00am-4:00pm only at Tahoe XC
Receiving Your Check
Once the swap has been fully reconciled, we will mail a check to you. Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Education Association keeps 20% commission as a fundraiser for our youth programs. Please provide your valid, legible name and mailing address when filling out drop-off forms so we are able to mail your check.
Staff & Volunteers
Our success only happens with volunteers! In exchange you get to pre-shop the swap on Friday night or Saturday morning, this year with assigned pre-sale time slots.
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, email us, indicating which shifts you are availble to volunteer for. We need 10 volunteers per the following shifts:
- Friday night, 3:00pm-6:00pm FULL
- Saturday 9:00am-1:00pm FULL
- Saturday 1:00pm-6:00pm FULL
- Sunday 9:00am-1:00pm FULL
- Sunday 1:00pm-6:00pm FULL
Friday night includes tent set up, organizing gear, checking tags. Saturday and Sunday volunteers should expect to be ticket checkers, parking attendants, floor attendants, gear assistants (helping with boots and ski fittings), or general assistance.
- All volunteers must bring their own face masks and gloves (if you want them)
- Physical distancing of 6 feet of more is required at all times