Please read the current rules & regulations for e-bikes in the Tahoe Basin
E-Bikes on Trails in Lake Tahoe
- Control your bicycle and your speed.
- Keep yourself and others safe by riding within your limits.
- Slow down around corners. Anticipate seeing other trail users or wildlife even if you can’t see them.
- Uphill riders have right-of-way, unless there is clear “one-way” or “downhill-only” signage.
- Downhill riders should pull off to the side until the uphill rider has passed.
- Be aware. Let fellow trail users know you’re coming with a friendly greeting or bell ring.
- Expect 2-way traffic.
- Bicyclists should yield to other non-motorized trail users.
Please visit our Trail Safety page for detailed rules and recommendations.
We recommend using the Trailforks free app and website when researching trails at Lake Tahoe. Tahoe XC is not responsible for the accuracy of the above map or the Trailforks mapping service. Trails on the above map are crowd sourced by numerous users and may or may not be sanctioned by the local land managers.