Tahoe XC is offers mountain bike rentals through Thanksgiving. Mountain bike, hike, walk and trail run with easy access to lakeviews, hundreds of miles of trails and incredible terrain.
Trailhead Mountain Bike Rentals
Our goal is to get you on the trail as efficiently as possible. With our mountain bike rentals and immediate trailhead access, you can ride on fun terrain that leads to amazing views of Lake Tahoe. Mountain bike trails range from double track to technical single track—perfect for all ages, experience levels and abilities.
We rent hardtail (front suspension only) GIANT mountain bikes + helmet for kids and adults.
All day $60
All Day $40
Fall Lodge Hours
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
- North Lake Tahoe mountain bike rentals for kids and adults
- Easy trailhead access to beginner, intermediate and advanced trails
- Quick-fix, self-maintenance station at the lodge
- Retail store with basic gear and apparel
- Snacks and drinks to keep you fueled!
- Trailhead is located at 925 Country Club Drive, Tahoe City, CA 96145.
Retail & Snacks
We offer apparel and gear from Salomon, Club Ride Fox, Hestra and Camelback. We sell tubes, tires, sunscreen, sunglasses, snacks and drinks. If you forget something, we’ve got you covered! Want to see something at our store? Fill out a suggestion card or contact us.
Please Use Trail Courtesy
Many people use the Burton Creek Trail System and surrounding areas, including trail runners, hikers, dog walkers and mountain bikers. Please be respectful of our multi-use trail system, as everyone has an equal right to enjoy Tahoe’s outdoors.
- Keep dogs on leash in parking lot, at the trailhead and on state park land.
- Carry out trash and dog poop. Even if your dog poops off trail, please pick it up and dispose of poop bags in a trash can at the lodge.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Be courteous to others.
- Stay on established trails.
- Ride it, don’t slide it. Remember, any ruts and erosion you cause now have long-term effects and consequences for future trail conditions.
- Interested in helping to maintain Tahoe’s trails? Contact TAMBA (Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association).
Although Tahoe XC has an increased trailhead presence, we do not have the staff or means to handle emergencies on the trail system. Just like every summer, it is up to you, the user, to remain safe and have an emergency evacuation plan at all times.
- Tell friends and family where you are going and what time you expect to be back
- There is limited cell reception on the trails
- Carry backup tools and first aid kit with you
- Carry plenty of water and snacks
- Wear sunscreen
Summer Youth Programs
Tahoe XC serves over 2,000 local kids year round. Our summer programs aim to encourage fun, outdoor activity with peers while promoting conscientious stewards of the environment.
Junior Mountain Riders
Weekly mountain bike club for kids ages 7-11 who want to develop mountain bike skills in a safe environment with coaches and peers.
Young adults ages 11-14 develop cross-country ski skills, increase general fitness and learn good habits that prevent injuries and increase efficiency.
SWEP Junior Explorers Camp
Kids ages 6-12 connect with nature through art, science, games, writing and outdoor adventures!
Tahoe XC is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to promote a healthy, outdoor-oriented lifestyle for children and adults through education, cross-country skiing, and other self-powered recreation.