Our weekly mountain bike club provides safe and positive opportunities for kids to grow mountain bike skills with their peers. Read below for specific details, requirements, dates and registration.
- Program is open to children ages 7-11, who are motivated to ride for approximately an hour and a half.
- Riders are grouped by ability and experience so that each ride is appropriately challenging and fun.
- Younger and older children may be considered if riding ability is appropriate. Contact us if you have questions about your child’s ability level.
- Three 6-week sessions: Spring, Summer, Fall
- Weekly rides are most Mondays from 4:00 to 5:45pm at Tahoe XC.
- Some exceptions include weather, trail conditions, holidays, and coach availability. Email notifications will be sent ahead of time if there is a change to any particular Monday session.
- Rides are 1.5 hours (4-9 miles).
- Rides are on cross-country style dirt fire roads and single track trails within the Tahoe XC ski area.
- Participants should be able to ride on dirt trails for an hour and a half (4-9 miles).
- Cost is $20 per ride, with a discount for purchasing entire season.
- Season cost is $55 per participant per 6-week session.
- (no refunds given for cancelled sessions due to weather, trail conditions or elements outside of our control. Thank you for your donation to our nonprofit TCCSEA).
- Registration is required.
- Participants must provide their own geared mountain bike and safety helmet. Both are required for participation.
- We recommend kids come equipped with the ability to carry water and snacks on the trail, as none is provided.
- Required gear (per kid):
- Geared mountain bike (recently tuned)
- Eye protection
- Water (in bottle cage or backpack)
- Snack (in pocket or backpack)
- Inner tube spare (under seat or in backpack)
- Closed-toed shoes
- Layered clothing appropriate for conditions
- Smile and a positive attitude
Sessions: Spring, Fall, Summer
Spring 2019: May-June - $40 per child
- Start date: June 3, 2019 (trail conditions depending)
- June 3, 10, 17, 24 (4 sessions)
Summer 2019: July-August - $60 per child
- Start date: July 8, 2019
- July 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12 (6 sessions)
Fall 2018: September-October - $60 per child
- Start date: September 9, 2019
- September 9, 16, 23, 30, October 7, 14 (6 sessions)
Registration is required. Complete your registration form and payment online.