Be the first to know about job opportunities. Scroll down for current jobs openings.
Our Hiring Practices
Tahoe XC is committed to inclusive excellence by striving to advance equity and diversity in all that we do. We encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. We have updated our hiring practices in 3 ways:
- Focus on relevant skills as well as years of related experience
- No longer require a Bachelor’s degree for applicants
- Ask prospective employees to write a Diversity Statement
Why a Diversity Statement?
We encourage our employees and community members to think more deeply about how we are experiencing and understanding diversity, especially in the outdoors. A Diversity Statement is a personal essay that explains how your past experiences have contributed to your personal and professional growth, which may include your values related to diversity, experiences working with diverse populations, and future plans related to inclusivity.
Current Job Openings
Scroll down to see current openings. If the job you are seeking is not posted, we encourage you to contact us anyways. We will keep your application on file and contact you when future positions are available. View instructions on How to Apply.
Junior Mountain Riders Coach
Applications accepted now with a start date as early as August 2, 2021 and/or Fall Session beginning September 13- October 18
TITLE: Junior Mountain Riders Coach
DEPARTMENT: Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Education Association
REPORTS TO: Head Coach & Program Coordinator
PART-TIME: Monday afternoons, 2-3 hrs/week
Tahoe Cross-Country Ski Education Association (TCCSEA) in Tahoe City, CA, is seeking reliable and enthusiastic coaches for our Junior Mountain Rider Program. TCCSEA is a non-profit, 501(c)3, dedicated to the Tahoe community with youth and adult programs focused on human-powered sports.
The TCCSEA Junior Mountain Riders is a weekly mountain bike program providing safe and positive opportunities for kids to grow mountain bike skills with their peers and coaches. This program is designed for children ages 7-11 who are motivated to mountain bike ride.
The candidate for this coaching position will work directly with the Program Head Coach and is responsible for implementing the fun-meter, ensuring safety, and developing the skills and attitudes of a growth mind-set for participants.
TCCSEA needs Junior Mtn Rider Coaches on Monday afternoons; August 2, 9, and 16 and then again September 13, 20, 27, October 4, 11, 18.
- Encourage a positive, inclusive, and cohesive environment between athletes and coaches to foster a lifelong love for the sport of mountain biking and being outdoors.
- Ride with the group for consecutive Monday afternoons as indicated in the program schedule.
- Communicate with the Head Coach, program director, and other coaches any and all scheduling matters as they pertain to your coach commitment.
- Understand and implement age-appropriate, sport-related activities during weekly workouts with the Jr Mtn Rider participants.
- Ability to ride a mountain bike in most terrain and use a map
- Bike mechanic skills are a plus but not mandatory.
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds
- Desire to help participants develop passion for mountain biking and being good stewards of the outdoors
How To Apply
To apply, please email the following documents as attachments to email@example.com:
- A brief Cover Letter indicating your experience and interest
- Diversity statement, indicating how your work and/or life philosophy and practices promote diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion in sports and in the broader community
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Prior to a final offer, the selected candidates will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, SafeSport certification and criminal background check.
TCCSEA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bike Shop Associate
Rolling application period
TITLE: Summer Sales & Bike Shop Associate
DEPARTMENT: Tahoe Cross-Country
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FULL- or PART-TIME: summer seasonal (June-October), hours are flexible
HOURLY: $13-$15, depending on experience
Spend your summer at Tahoe XC’s summer bike rental and retail shop, located just outside Tahoe City, California. Responsibilities include greeting customers, answering questions, fitting bike rental gear for kids and adults, merchandising, and providing helpful information about our trail systems and the general Tahoe area. You will also be responsible for processing payments and customer refunds courteously and professionally, as well as assisting with overall lodge operations and maintenance. Additional responsibilities include cleaning, stocking and organizing rental area, and (if qualified) providing mountain bike instructions during group and private lessons. This can be a full-time or part-time seasonal position, with start and end dates ranging from June to October.
- Greet visitors, answer incoming phone calls, and deliver world-class service to our customers
- Assist customers with rental gear, retail items, cafe items, and trail map information
- Use POS system for purchases and returns
- Informing customers about trails, conditions, lesson times, how to use equipment, and general recreation and trail safety
- Work with staff and instructors to ensure maximum productivity
Organization & Communication
- Able to offer excellent customer service, which means being friendly, understanding, and willing to work in busy conditions while maintaining a happy attitude
- Ability to multitask, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the complex and ever-changing needs of the business
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Eager to take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekend shifts
- Stay up to date on sales, events and company activities
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
- Have excellent telephone etiquette
Rental & Retail Shop
- Merchandise, stock, and tidy retail store, rental area, and cafe area
- Maintain overall cleanliness and standards of lodge, office, and facilities
- Perform rental area duties such as cleaning and organizing rental gear
- Complete tasks accurately and efficiently
Demonstrate ability to
- Maintain a high energy level
- Be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities, which may involve occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders
Environmental Working Conditions
- Most work is conducted at Tahoe XC, inside and outside
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures and weather extremes
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds
Become an Instructor (Optional)
Applicants with coaching experience may be considered for the additional position of mountain bike instructor. We are willing to train the right candidate if interested, even with limited experience. Being an instructor is not a required part of this job.
How to Apply
E-mail a cover letter describing your interest in the position; your resume; a diversity statement, which we will count as a writing sample; and three relevant references who can attest to your qualifications.
Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area
Attn: Ben Grasseschi
E-mail: ben (@) tahoexc.org
PO Box 7260, Tahoe City, CA 96145
No phone calls please.
Summary of 4 Application Documents:
- Cover Letter indicating how your experience has prepared you for this job
- Diversity Statement, indicating how your work and/or life philosophy and practices promote diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion in sports and in the broader community
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references
Tahoe XC is committed to equal employment opportunities. We make our employment decisions based on organizational needs and individual qualifications; not on race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, national origin, or physical/mental disabilities.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Prior to a final offer, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, SafeSport certification and criminal background check.